Located 30 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip, Lake Las Vegas is a manmade lake located in Henderson, Nevada. It spans more than 320 acres and is more than 2.5-miles long. Locals and tourists alike enjoy the tranquility of Lake Las Vegas. Many of them rent a boat or personal watercraft, and while that’s generally a safe way to enjoy the water, accidents do happen. This is when you need a Henderson boat accidents lawyer.
The Henderson personal injury lawyers at ER Injury Attorneys have extensive experience representing Lake Las Vegas boat accident victims. Our team of experienced legal professionals knows how to combat the deceptive tactics employed by insurance companies so that our clients get the highest compensation possible. Give us a call today at 702-878-7878 for a free consultation.
Why Do Henderson Boat Accidents Happen?
ER Injury Attorneys has successfully represented injury victims that have gotten into boat accidents for a wide variety of reasons. Our clients were in Lake Las Vegas boating accidents caused by:
- Boating Under the Influence: Some people enjoy finding a spot on the water, parking, and enjoying alcoholic beverages as they enjoy the serenity of Lake Las Vegas. Unfortunately, some people try to operate a boat while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. This can be an enormous danger to other people on the water.
- Reckless Boating: Some boaters drive in a way that’s dangerous to other boaters. This can include driving too fast, driving too closely to other boats or personal watercraft, and not granting right of way. It doesn’t matter if it’s out of carelessness, ignorance, or inexperience; reckless driving increases the chances of an accident.
- Equipment Failure: Some Henderson boat accidents occur due to faulty or malfunctioning equipment. A poorly made or poorly designed boat part that leads to an accident can be considered a dangerous product. If such a product caused your accident, the manufacturer may be responsible for damages.
- Distracted Boating: Lake Las Vegas is one of the most relaxing spots in Clark County. There are times when people get lost in thought or distracted by the beautiful scenery. Just like car drivers, boat operators need to pay attention to their surroundings at all times in order to avoid accidents.
- Lack of Safety Equipment: Some of our clients have rented boats for their friends and family, only to discover that it didn’t have sufficient safety equipment for the number of passengers onboard. This can be disastrous in the event of an accident, especially if you’re on the water with people that don’t know how to swim or are poor swimmers.
Personal Watercraft Accidents
Many people enjoy driving personal watercraft (PWC) on Lake Las Vegas. PWCs are commonly known by their brand names, such as Jet Ski (Kawasaki), Sea-Doo (Bombardier), and Waverunner (Yamaha). According to NRS 488.580, you must be 14-years old to operate a PWC in Nevada.
While it’s easy to understand why PWC are so much fun to drive, some people underestimate how dangerous they can be. Some PWC have shockingly powerful engines that allow them to run at high speeds. All of them offer minimal protection in the event of a crash. High speeds combined with minimal protection can lead to catastrophic injuries.
Common Boat Accident Injuries
Boating injuries come in all varieties ranging from minor scrapes to life-altering damage. Our Henderson boat accidents lawyer team has represented clients that have suffered from:
- Lung Damage and Other Respiratory Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Drowning-Related Internal Organ Damage
- Loss of Limbs
Our attorneys have also represented clients that have lost relatives to wrongful death caused by an accident.
Contact a Henderson Boat Accidents Lawyer
ER Injury Attorneys hopes that you and your family enjoy incredible times at Lake Las Vegas. Many people see the area as a tiny slice of heaven that’s just minutes away from Sin City and we very much agree. Should you get into an accident while on the water then contact a Henderson boat accidents lawyer from ER Injury Attorneys immediately.
You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by phone at 702-878-7878 and online through LiveChat or secure contact contact form. Our experienced personal injury attorneys can help make sure that you receive the highest compensation possible for your medical bills, lost wages, ongoing treatment, pain and suffering, and more. Contact us today and you’ll quickly find out how ER Injury Attorneys has become one of the most trusted personal injury firms in southern Nevada.