According to The American Association for the Surgery of Trauma (AAST), personal injuries account for over 150,000 deaths and over 3-million non-fatal injuries per year. A majority of these injury-related accidents are the direct result of another person or business’s negligence. Expectedly, recovery and treatment options after an accident do not fall under a one-size-fits-all box. This is why it’s crucial that you take the appropriate steps after an accident, both legally and in terms of your health.
To keep you on track after an injury accident in southern Nevada, our team put together useful information to help you know what to expect in terms of recovery and treatment options. We then rounded it off with an explanation regarding why you should contact a personal injury attorney for help.
Eight Medical Recovery and Treatment Options
After a car accident it’s important to take the necessary steps to ensure that you address your overall mental, physical, and emotional well being. You should also seek medical treatment sooner than later to ensure that you don’t miss a significant injury.
For reference, your recovery and treatment options after an accident may include one of the following depending on injuries suffered:
- Medical attention: This includes a visit to a hospital or doctor to diagnose and treat injuries from dog bites, to auto accident injuries, to slip and falls.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy can help restore movement, strength, and function to the injured area.
- Occupational therapy: Occupational therapy can help people with injuries relearn daily activities, such as dressing and grooming.
- Medications: Pain relievers, anti-inflammatory drugs, and muscle relaxants may be prescribed to manage pain and swelling.
- Surgery: In some cases, surgery may be required to repair damaged tissues or bones.
- Assistive devices: Devices like crutches, wheelchairs, or braces can help with mobility and support while the injury heals.
- Chiropractic care: Chiropractic care can help alleviate pain and improve mobility through manual adjustments to the spine.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese medicine technique that involves the insertion of thin needles into specific points on the body to relieve pain and promote healing.
Ultimately, you’ll want to follow your doctor’s recommendations for the best recovery and outcomes. You should also follow the recommendations of friends and family to seek legal help from an experienced personal injury attorney to help ensure you recover compensation to help pay for your recovery and treatment options.
How Long Does Recovery Take After an Injury Accident?
Recovery time varies among accident injury victims. A few factors that can impact the healing process are age, overall health, severity of injuries, and degree of level of mental trauma that was experienced.
For example, a bone fracture may take anywhere from 6 to 20 weeks to heal after an accident. Conversely, a burn injury could take anywhere from five days to half a year or more to heal. Most notably, recovery from a burn greatly depends on the degree of burns suffered, if there are infections, and whether or not there are additional medical, mental, or mobility complications.
Why You Should Contact ER Injury Attorneys
Deciding that you want legal assistance after you’ve been injured because of another’s negligence is a big step.
Next, determining the best injury lawyer to represent your needs can be equally monumental. Aside from relying on recommendations from family and friends, you should schedule a free consultation with a few personal injury law firms. Lastly, you should do your own research about the firm and its legal team.
At ER Injury Attorneys, we believe our team’s core principles help set us apart from others:
- We get results! Our attorneys have recovered millions of dollars total for clients.
- Customer care is paramount! We offer all of our clients the respect they deserve and the support they need throughout the claims process.
- Injury victims have access to 24/7 legal help by phone, LiveChat, and through a website form.
- Give back to positively impact local communities.
How to Contact ER Injury Attorneys
ER Injury Attorneys has the experience, knowledge, and passion to take care of all of your legal needs while you recover after an injury accident. That includes doing everything possible to make sure that you get maximum compensation for your injury claim. This includes money for medical expenses, ongoing treatment, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
You can reach us 24/7 by phone at 702-878-7878 or connect with us online through LiveChat, or encrypted contact form.
Consultations are free and you do not pay any legal fees unless money has been recovered on your behalf. Don’t wait. Contact us today to get unbeatable legal service throughout southern Nevada, including Clark and Nye County, all Las Vegas areas, Henderson, Summerlin, Boulder City, Laughlin, and Pahrump.