Las Vegas is not only known for its vibrant nightlife and world-class entertainment, but also for its beautiful bodies of water like Lake Mead or Lake Las Vegas. Accidents on the water are unfortunately not uncommon. According to the United States Coast Guard (USCG), from 2018 to 2022, Nevada saw a total of 216 boat accidents and 21 boating-related deaths. If you’ve been injured in a boating accident due to the negligence or recklessness of another party, a Las Vegas boat accident lawyer from ER Injury Attorneys can help you obtain compensation. Call us today at 702-878-7878 for a free case consultation.
Causes of Las Vegas Boating Accidents
There are many reasons why a boat accident might happen. Our team has the legal experience and know-how to build a strong personal injury claim, no matter what caused your boating accident. Our Las Vegas boat accident lawyers have successfully represented clients injured in boating accidents caused by:
- Inexperience: operating a boat requires knowledge of navigation. Inexperienced operators may lack the necessary skills to handle unexpected situations, leading to collisions, groundings, or capsizing.
- Alcohol Intoxication: boating under the influence of alcohol or drugs significantly impairs judgment, coordination, and reaction time, increasing the likelihood of accidents.
- Speeding: operating a boat at excessive speeds can be dangerous, especially in crowded waterways or areas with limited visibility. High speeds make it difficult for operators to maintain control, increasing the risk of collisions.
- Equipment Failure: boat accidents can occur due to mechanical failures, such as engine malfunctions, steering system failures, or faulty equipment.
- Inclement Weather: conditions like heavy rain, strong winds, or fog, can significantly impact boating safety. Boaters who fail to take appropriate precautions are at a higher risk of accidents.
- Hazardous Water Conditions: hazards like submerged objects or shallow waters pose significant risks to boaters. Insufficient knowledge of the waterways or failing to adhere to navigational markers can lead to an accident.
- Lack of Safety Equipment: not having adequate safety equipment like life jackets, fire extinguishers, navigational lights, and distress signals can lead to injuries or fatalities in the event of an accident or emergency situation.
Compensation for Boat Accidents
A Las Vegas boat accident lawyer will help determine what compensation you are eligible for, depending on the circumstances of your accident. Some of the common types of compensation you may be eligible to receive include:
- Current and Future Medical Bills: includes the cost of medical treatment you have received and any anticipated future medical expenses related to your injuries resulting from the boat accident.
- Lost Wages: you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages if your injuries have caused you to miss work or have resulted in a decreased earning capacity.
- Property Damage: if your personal belongings were damaged or lost in the accident, you may be able to seek compensation for their repair or replacement.
- Pain and Suffering: pain and suffering compensates you for the physical and emotional pain, suffering, and distress caused by the accident and your injuries.
Loss of Consortium: if the accident resulted in permanent disabilities or limitations that prevent you from participating in activities or hobbies you previously enjoyed, you may be entitled to compensation for the loss of consortium.
How to Contact a Las Vegas Boat Accident Lawyer Today
No matter what caused your boat accident, the team at ER Injury Attorneys is fully equipped and ready to help win your case. If you’ve been injured in a boat accident, or you’ve experienced the wrongful death of a loved one in a boat accident, get in touch with a Las Vegas boat accident lawyer.
We have an established track record of securing compensation for individuals who’ve been injured in boating accidents. Let us handle the legal complexities so that you can concentrate on your recovery.
Our accomplished attorneys represent accident victims throughout Southern Nevada, including Las Vegas, Henderson, Summerlin, Pahrump, Boulder City, Laughlin, and more. To get the settlement that you deserve while being treated with impeccable customer service, call ER Injury Attorneys today.