When people think of summer driving, they see visions of epic road trips, family vacations, and convertibles with the top down. However, summer is usually the most dangerous season to drive, with the hot months also containing the “100 deadliest days of driving.” To help you understand why summer car accidents happen and what you can do to avoid them, the personal injury lawyers at ER Injury Attorneys have put together this blog.
Remember, summer car accidents can happen during any time of the day. This is why our team is available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whether you’re in Boulder City, Henderson, Las Vegas, Laughlin, Pahrump, or Summerlin, do not hesitate to call us at 702-878-7878.
Facts About Summer Car Accidents
Fact–Summer Normally Has the Most Car Accidents: Statistically speaking, summertime typically has more car accidents than the other three seasons. The month of August usually has the most number of car crashes, according to the National Safety Council (NSC).
Fact–There Are More Teen Drivers on the Road During Summer: School is out in the summer, which means that there are more teen drivers on the road. Younger drivers often lack experience and skill, which can lead to mistakes that can cause a car wreck.
Fact–Tourists Increase Your Chances of an Accident: With world-class hotels, amazing restaurants, and some of the most decadent swimming pools in America, Las Vegas is a prime destination for summer travel. Las Vegas attracts millions of summer tourists from nearby Arizona, California, and Utah, many of whom are unfamiliar with local roads. This unfamiliarity can lead to car accidents.
Fact–There is More Construction Activity in the Summer: Construction companies take advantage of long summer days to fast-track their projects. The increased activity can lead to a work zone accident.
Fact–Outdoor Activities Increase in the Summer: While most tourist activity centers around the Las Vegas Strip, Clark County and the surrounding area offer fantastic outdoor activities enjoyed by locals and tourists alike. You’ll find more people biking, hiking, and walking in the summer, especially if you’re visiting areas like Boulder City, Henderson, and Summerlin.
Avoiding Summer Car Accidents
ER Injury Attorneys have served many clients that have gotten into Las Vegas car accidents during the summer. Many of these accidents could have been avoided by exercising more caution. We’ve learned the following summer car accident safety tips through the people we’ve served:
- Make Sure Your Car is Ready For the Heat: With daytime temperatures exceeding 110F, summer can be brutal on your vehicle. Make sure that your car’s fluid levels are correct and inspect your tire treads regularly. Doing so can help prevent an accident caused by an overheated engine or a blown out tire.
- Keep an Eye Out For Tourists: If you notice out-of-state license plates or rental car company branding then be particularly careful those cars. While they could be locals that need to update their plates or are driving a temporary rental, there’s a good chance that they’re a tourist.
- Watch Out For Teen Drivers: The same advice goes for sharing the road with teen drivers. If you see young drivers near you then give them a little extra space and monitor your speed. Giving them the space they need can help compensate for their inexperience and lack of skill.
- Show Consideration to Bicyclists and Pedestrians: With more people taking advantage of the hot weather and extended sunlight, you’ll encounter more bikers and walkers in the summer than any other season. Show them the consideration that they deserve so that you don’t get involved in a bicycle accident or a pedestrian accident.
- Practice Work Zone Safety: Our team has put together a guide on how to avoid Las Vegas work zone accidents. Please give it a read to reinforce what you already know and share it with the drivers in your household so that they understand how to avoid construction accidents.
Contact a Las Vegas Car Accident Lawyer
ER Injury Attorneys hopes that you have an excellent and safe summer in Las Vegas. Please follow the tips above to increase your safety. Unfortunately, some car accidents can happen no matter how safe you’re being. Should you or a driver in your household get into a car wreck then contact a Las Vegas summer car accidents lawyer from ER Injury Attorneys immediately.
You can reach us 24/7 by phone at 702-878-7878 and online through LiveChat or our secure contact form feature. Our personal injury lawyers have successfully served clients throughout Nevada, including Las Vegas, Henderson, Summerlin, Pahrump, Boulder City, and Laughlin. Reach out to us today for a free consultation and take the first step towards getting the compensation that you deserve.